It’s called NewTube, it’s a Chrome browser music extension, and this is my NewTube Review.
I love listening to music. Especially when I have one of those repetitive tasks going on. And my pain has always been having to switch to another tab, or open up VLC just to switch between songs. It’s kinda time consuming.
I came across this Chrome extension, loved it, and thought I should write a review about it. Hoping that someone somewhere is looking for a NewTube review article.
Of course, I have a few things I don’t like about it too as you’ll see below.
With NewTube Chrome Music App, you can play music on your Chrome browser while you work. Absolutely no need to open VLC, Youtube, or whatever music player you have on your PC.
The NewTube Chrome Extension is probably the best way you are able to listen to music as you browse seamlessly. It works as though your playlist is integrated within the browser.
They have a huge selection of music, categorized in various ways. Want the current trending hits, there you have it. Hundreds of trending music. You can also select by genre. You can save your playlist for later. If you really like a song, just mart it then it gets added to your favorites and you can play it anytime.
What you can do with the NewTube app or extension
- Select a song from top trending charts
- Pick trending songs from a specific Genre
- Pick collections or playlists that you’ve previously liked and saved
- Search for your desired song on your own!
They’ve got a pretty simple user interface that anyone can get used to easily.
About NewTube Chrome Extention:
App Type: Browser Music App
Number of Users: 9715
File Size: 11.4 MBs
- When your selected collection ends, a new one is generated. So look at it more like a hustle-free non stop playlist.
- You can re-shuffle the collection whenever you want.
- Simple and nice interface.
- The user interface has it’s own volume. This is handy because you might want to have your PC or laptop volume up.
- It sure has a huge list of genres there but reggae. For the rastaman, this app may not be the best. I hope they do add that soonest.
- I experienced a little bit of a delay when jumping to next or previous songs. An average of 4 seconds before next song starts to play if you jump. Not really bad, but I thought I should point that out.
- No settings option when you access the app from the browser menu. You’ll have to open a new tab to do any settings like saving playlist, or changing genre, etc.
- It’s only for Google Chrome users. Sorry, you might have to look else where if you’re not a Google Chrome user.
How to Install
Step 1: Visit the NewTube App page
Step 2: Click on “Add to Chrome”
Step 3: You’ll get a little pop up, click ” Add Extension”
Step 4: It will download the extension and install in Chrome automatically.
Step 5: Once it’s all set, open a new tap. And you’ll see the NewTube extension icon up on the menu. You can navigate and select what you want to listen to.
How to remove
So in case you don’t like the NewTube Chrome App for whatever reason, all you have to do is go to your Chrome Extensions page, locate NewTube and click “Remove”. It’s that simple.
Have you ever used the NewTube Music App or are you using it? I would like to know what you think about it. If you haven’t, here is the link to download and check it out. NewTube 100% Free Chrome Music App.
Simple open a new tab, and with just a couple of clicks, you will be up and running, listening to your favorite tunes!